Have you ever walked past a really rickety old wall?
Over time, the mortar between the bricks starts to disappear.
This makes the bricks loosen…
Sometimes bricks even fall out. It doesn’t look too good, does it?
Unfortunately, the same thing happens to our skin as we age.
Our “mortar” is called collagen.
Collagen is the most common protein in your body. The word comes from the Greek term for “glue”, because it’s like the glue that holds your skin together… Or the mortar which keeps bricks stuck together!
When you’re young, you have lots of collagen, so your skin looks firm and healthy…
There are no wrinkles – everything looks smooth and “brand new”.
But after you turn 18, you lose 1% of your collagen every year.
That’s a huge amount…
And you can exacerbate the problem with the 3 big S’s – Smoking, Sugar and Sunshine.
For women, it gets even worse. Studies show you lost 30% of your collagen in the first five years of menopause.
The impact on your skin is just like the impact on that wall when the mortar starts to go.
Cracks begin to appear – in other words, you start getting wrinkles…
Your skin loses its firmness and starts to look a lot thinner (just like the bricks start to loosen and crumble)…
And your skin sags (that’s the bricks collapsing).
There’s a special technical word for this…
We call it “aging” 😊
That’s why so many of our treatments here at Parfaire involve getting collagen back into your skin.
It’s one of the most powerful ways to reverse skin aging and make your skin firmer, healthier, smoother and more youthful!
Our methods include…
– Microneedling – This is a fantastic, classic way of producing more collagen. It’s actually known as “collagen induction therapy!”
– Dermal Fillers – We use fillers to restore lost volume in your face, fill in wrinkles and give you beautiful contours.
But your regular filler injections also stimulate your body’s production of collagen. That’s why people who get filler end up with lovely, glowing skin – it’s a great side-benefit!
– Sculptra – Sculptra is a dermal filler, but it’s specifically designed to stimulate your production of collagen (it’s another collagen stimulation therapy).
Because it works so deep under your skin, it doesn’t just fix a wrinkle here or there, but lifts, smooths and restores volume to your whole face – a lot like a non-surgical facelift.
– Red Carpet Lift – If your skin is beginning to sag, we lift and tighten it with this powerful radiofrequency treatment.
It works on your whole face, or around your neck, eyes, jowls and chin… And it’s all about stimulating your collagen.
– PDO Threadlift – This is a different way of lifting sagging skin. We insert special threads under the surface, pulling up skin that’s lax. It’s like suspenders for your face!
The threads dissolve over a few months. But during that time they stimulate your collagen production in just the right places, so you maintain your results for 18 months or more.
The truth is that once you hit your 20s, you’ll always benefit from treatments that build up your collagen.
In fact, if you start rebuilding your collagen early enough, you can even delay the signs of aging for a good while.
To learn more about how we can help keep your skin young and firm, email us today or call us on 626-844-7273.
We’ll book you in for a consultation so we can take a closer look at your skin, discuss your goals and walk you through the options.
Together, we’ll find the right solution for you.